Mission and Vision
The Department's mission is to:
- Provide high quality teaching, research and entrepreneurship training of students in pure and applied physics for the industrial and economic development of Ghana and Africa
- Foster the growth of advanced studies and research in physical and mathematical sciences
- Develop high-level scientific programmes keeping in mind the needs of Ghana and Africa
- Provide a forum for scientific contact for scientists from all over Ghana and Africa.
- Conduct research at the highest international standards and maintain a conducive environment for scientific inquiry, research and training.
The vision of the Department is to:
To be the Department of excellence in physics and meteorology and climate science in Africa and beyond.